Dispatch Manager plans, directs, and coordinates the dispatch department of the organization. Dispatch Manager is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity and efficiency within their department.
· Plan, organize, and manage the work of staff members to ensure the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
· Assist Operations Manager in investigating and resolving customer and employee complaints.
· Serve as a contact person for all workers within the dispatch department.
· Implement schedule and policy changes. Responsible for creating an efficient department work schedule weekly.
· Collaborate with other Managers and staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
· Monitor the dispatch department to ensure all staff complies with company policies and procedures.
· Control inventory and submit inventory requests as needed.
· Delegate tasks and accountability to Supervisors and staff within the department.
· Prepare Management recommendations for Operations Manager, such as proposed policy changes, schedule changes related to transportation needs, etc.
· Conduct employee training sessions on subjects related to the company and department as needed. Responsible for conducting department meetings.
· Responsible for assisting Human Resources with recruiting as needed within the department. Must be involved in the interviewing process.
· Dispatch Manager will make sure all employees understand the essentials of the job, as well as how to stay motivated and remain calm in distressing situations.
· Must initiate and train all new hires within the department.
· Must encourage teamwork and exemplify company standards.
· Responsible for completing employee performance evaluations when due.
· Must be able to fill shift vacancy when needed.
· Responsible for disciplinary action within the department as needed with assistance from Human Resources Manager or Operations Manager.
· Uses a computer-aided dispatch system, receives non-emergency calls, and inputs them into the system.
· Dispatches calls and routes transporters efficiently.
· Able to keep track of dispatch calls and driver locations to make sure all assets are being effectively utilized.
· Remain professional and maintain confidentiality always.
· Responsible for investigating all complaints, injuries, and dispatch department issues or discrepancies. These must be reported to the Operations Manager.
· Operate a variety of communications and computer equipment including two-way radios, telephones, computer systems, tablets, and fax machines.
· Reading comprehension
· Time management
· Active listening
· Leadership and coaching
· Critical thinking and problem solving
· Active learning
· Effective Communication via both verbal and written means
· Judgement and decision making
· Basic Mathematics
· Complex problem solving
· Conflict management
· Stress tolerance
· Planning and organizing
· Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
· High school diploma required
· College degree preferred, but not required.
· Must be over 25 years of age
· Minimum 4 years of Supervisor or Management experience
· Minimum 6 years of Customer Service experience
· Minimum 3 years of Dispatching experience related to transportation
· Flexible schedule (Company operations 24 hours a day, 365 days a year)
· Knowledge of Las Vegas and outlying cities
· REQUIREMENT OF COMPANY CELL PHONE TO BE ISSUED